If you have marinated this salmon in advance, just defrost ready to cook.
You can cut the veg ready at any time during the day, or if you chopped it all the night before and put it in a Ziploc bag then this makes today loads easier.
Asian Style Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- Marinated in
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small red onion
- ½ red chili
- 1 tbsp Tamari sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sprinkle Chinese five-spice
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- Peel the ginger, then peel and roughly chop the onion and place in a blender.
- Add the garlic cloves into the blender along with the chili and Tamari sauce.
- Squeeze in the juice of the limes and blend until you have a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce into an oven proof dish or even a loaf tin so the salmon fillets are quite snug. The idea is to poach the salmon while it bakes in the oven.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the salmon and then sprinkle on some Chinese five-spice.
- Place the fillets into the oven proof dish, skin side up, then put it into the oven on the top shelf to cook for 18 minutes.
- Mix of sliced courgette, carrots and broccoli into small florets.
- 1 garlic clove and 1 onion finely sliced
- Juice of one lime mixed into a bowl with 1 tbsp Tamari sauce, 4 tbsp hot water or chicken stock (use two ice cubes of stock if you have frozen it). 1 tsp fish sauce (optional) and some chilli flakes (to taste).
- While the salmon is cooking in the oven, heat the coconut oil in a wok or non stick pan.
- Add the onion and garlic, stir a couple of times then tip in the veg.
- Give all the veg a good stir for a couple of minutes then add the liquid.
- When the veg are starting to go tender add the honey.
- The veg should be ready to serve in time with the salmon and marinade.
What Would Sophie Say http://www.whatwouldsophiesay.com/