Saturday night #currynight. Ditch the take out in favour of this tremendous sweet and sour fish curry. I’ve used cod but other good dense white fish would work.
Sweet and Sour Fish Curry
- 3tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1tbsp tamarind mixed with 200ml water
- 200ml thick coconut milk
- 500g cod, cut into squares
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and when they start to pop add curry leaves and fenugreek seeds.
- Stir and when the fenugreek is golden add the onions. On a medium heat, cook until the onions are softened, then add the other spices and ginger.
- Mix and add the tomatoes and salt. Cook the tomatoes through now until the sauce thickens.
- Add the tamarind water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, place the cod in the pan. Simmer until almost cooked, stir in the coconut milk and cook through for another couple of minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice straight away. I licked the pan clean, DELICIOUS.
What Would Sophie Say http://www.whatwouldsophiesay.com/