Spicy Lamb with Braised Eggs (works with roast dinner leftovers!)
A delicious lunch or evening meal of middle eastern style spicy minced lamb with nuts and harissa.
- 1 large onion & 6 garlic cloves finely chopped (or use your hand whizzer- put the garlic in first).
- Approx 400g minced lamb
- 2tsp sumac
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 large handful of pistachio and 1 of pine nuts, lightly toasted in a dry pan
- 2 tsp Harissa spice blend
- Finely grated unwaxed lemon
- Small punnet of organic cherry tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock
- 4 free range eggs
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- For the sauce mix 4 large tbsp of greek full fat yoghurt with one large tbsp of tahini paste and the juice of the grated lemon.
- Heat the olive oil and saute the garlic and onion until they start to colour.
- Add the lamb, sumac, cumin, black pepper until browned.
- (If you are using leftover lamb add the spices first then warm the lamb through).
- Take off the heat and add the nuts, Harissa and lemon zest.
- Whilst this has been cooking use a griddle pan to chargrill the tomatoes until they split and are soft.
- When you are ready to eat add the stock to the mince, bring to a simmer, make 4 large wells and crack the eggs into them.
- Cook so the whites are soft and yolks are runny.
- Serve with the tomatoes, dollops of sauce and sprinkle with coriander. Enjoy!
- I absolutely love this as a Sunday Brunch dish, sets you up for a great day out.
- You can make the lamb in a large batch and freeze if you wish.
What Would Sophie Say http://www.whatwouldsophiesay.com/